While for many the “unofficial” start of summer is Memorial Day weekend, today is the summer solstice, which is the astrological start of the summer season. Typically this is the longest day of the year. This doesn’t mean our day has more than 24 hours in it – we just have more sunlight than any other day.
So what better way to enjoy all that sunlight than to jump into the pool for Swim for MS?!
For those of you who do not know, Swim for MS is MSAA’s signature volunteer initiative which allows individuals to create their own swimming fundraising event while recruiting online donations to support MSAA’s mission of improving lives today.
- Host a summer pool party on the weekend!
- Set a goal to swim 500 laps throughout the summer to raise $1,000!
- Create a pool volleyball tournament with your friends!
- Host a July 4th Pool Party
- Participate in Swim for MS and pledge to swim 100 laps and improve your fitness by the end of summer!
For more information on how you can Swim for MS, please visit swimforms.org!