Happy New Year! So many of us are trying to kick of the New Year focusing on health and wellness. What better way to incorporate a healthy option. These ABC Muffins (Apple, Banana and Carrot) are moist and delicious and are full of fruits and vegetables. Perfect as a little snack or pair it with a hot beverage of your choice.
- ½ cup butter slightly melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the apple, banana and carrot.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold in half the dry flour mixture, followed by the milk and add remaining dry flour mixture.
- Divide mixture into a muffin pan. Fill each space 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.