If you are looking for a low-carb, keto-friendly recipe, look no further. These quick and easy bombs are delightful! They’re simple to make with cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla, sugar substitute, and chocolate chips. Mix everything together and store in the freezer.Continue reading
Author Archives: Melissa Young
Peep Rice Krispie Treats
These Peep Rice Krispie Treats are going to make you smile! They’re colorful, fun, and easy to make. I learned about these sweet treats on social media recently and thought I would give them a try. If you’re a fan of Peeps and Rice Krispie Treats, this recipe is for you!Continue reading
Family Planning and MS
Family planning is an important aspect for people with MS, as hormonal changes during pregnancy and postpartum can impact the course of the disease. It is crucial for individuals with MS to discuss their family planning options with their neurologist and obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN) to make informed decisions about their reproductive health.Continue reading
Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats is a great way to start the day! This easy recipe combines oats, peanut butter, banana, cinnamon, and maple syrup into the most delicious meal. Can be eaten at any time of the day too!! Get creative and add extra ingredients if you like; nuts, berries, hazelnut spread. Yummy!!!
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon whole flax seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 banana (add when ready to eat)
- Mix the oats, flax seeds, and cinnamon in a mason jar or a bowl.
- Add the milk and maple syrup and stir well.
- Drop in the peanut butter and mix it around.
- Place the lid on the jar or cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, top with the banana slices or add any ingredients you like.
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan Cheese
Happy New Year! Here is a delicious healthy side dish to make with any meal. Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan Cheese is a favorite in my house. You can make it as crispy as you like. I like to add the extra breadcrumbs on top to fill in all the little spaces in the broccoli. Yum!!Continue reading
Nutella Crescent Rolls
These Nutella Crescent Rolls are a delicious little treat. Great to serve as a dessert or for breakfast. Made with only 3 ingredients. They are wonderful served warm!
They are so easy to make. Simply spread Nutella on each uncooked crescent roll triangle. Rolling it up and then bake as directed.Continue reading
Easy Dump Corn Casserole
This quick and easy Dump Corn Casserole is awesome. Made with only 7 simple ingredients. It is gooey, fluffy, scrumptious. Makes a wonderful side dish for your Thanksgiving meal to share with friends or family.
This Corn Casserole can be placed in the freezer for easy access later to enjoy. This can be a great solution to reduce prep time and have ready to go when you need a side dish.Continue reading
Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies
As a tribute to one of my favorite Halloween movies of all time, Hocus Pocus, and with the new release of Hocus Pocus 2, I thought it would be fun to create a simple Halloween treat for all ages to enjoy!
For those of you who haven’t seen the movie and have no idea what I’m talking about, these brownies are still delicious, nevertheless.
My inspiration was Winifred’s Spell Book. See how cute they turned out!
- 1 box of fudge brownie mix – 13 x 9 size
- 2 eggs
- 1 tube black cookie decorating icing
- 1 container candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil. Follow box mix directions.
- Mix until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepped baking pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until middle is done.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Cut into bars.
- Pipe a dollop of the icing onto the back of an eye.
- Place eye onto the middle of the brownie along the side to resemble a book lock.
- Pipe a black circle around the eye.
- Pipe a zig zag down one side of brownie.
- Pipe a line straight down next to the zig zag pattern.
- Pipe stitches across the line.
- Pipe half circle on the corners of the bar.
Happy Halloween and enjoy!
Tailgate Pizza Crackers
It is hard to believe it is September and the start of football season. This fun recipe is perfect to share with family and friends while watching the game. There are only 4 ingredients required in this recipe and can be enjoyed as a snack or a simple lunch:Continue reading
Caramel Apple Bites
This fun dessert is perfect for the Fall. They’re so easy to make and are loved in my household. I like being outside during the cooler Autumn weather and love to share these yummy little treats with friends and family in my neighborhood. You could really get creative and add your favorite toppings as well, such as drizzled chocolate, sprinkles or even put on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 Green Apples
- Lemon juice to keep apples from turning brown
- 1 pkg Mini Pretzel Twists
- 1 pkg Rolo candy
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, lay out pretzels in a single layer and place a Rolo candy on each pretzel.
- Place in the oven for about 3 minutes, or until the candy is soft but not melted.
- Chop the apple in small chunks. Squeeze a little lemon juice on them if you would like to help keep them from turning brown.
- Place one apple on the end of a toothpick and push into one of the Rolo Pretzels. Repeat until all the Rolo pretzels have apples.