It is hard to believe it is September and the start of football season. This fun recipe is perfect to share with family and friends while watching the game. There are only 4 ingredients required in this recipe and can be enjoyed as a snack or a simple lunch:Continue reading
Watermelon wedges are fun to grill. Who knew!!!
A refreshing, yummy summer dessert, this recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in your refrigerator. You can also eat it immediately. Seedless watermelons work best. Feel free to cut wedges into any size you like. 1” wedges seem to be just right.
Welcome to Summer! Nothing says Summer like lemonade or a frozen treat; especially if it is easy to make and is all in one. This recipe combines frozen lemonade concentrate with pudding, Cool Whip and a graham cracker crust. What a tasty way to beat the heat!
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box instant lemon pudding
- 8 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 ¾ cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 2 pre-made graham cracker crust
In a mixing bowl whisk together pudding mixes and milk until it thickens. Once thick, add in vanilla extract and mix again until combined.
Stir in 8 ounces of thawed lemonade concentrate and mix well.
Fold in Cool Whip gently until completely mixed together. Pour mixture into 2 prepared pie crusts and refrigerate for about 8 hours.
These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with ranch flavoring are amazing and easy to make. This is a quick and delicious recipe that takes Roasted Brussels Sprouts to the next level. These savory and crispy Brussels Sprouts are always a crowd favorite in my house.
Cinco De Mayo is on Thursday, May 5th, 2022. It is a celebration that commemorates the anniversary of Mexico’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. Wouldn’t it be fun to enjoy and share this avocado-based recipe with loved ones to celebrate this special day? This creative recipe is a clever way to put a spin on the classic taco. Adding the use of avocados for the shell is a healthier option too.
With Halloween in just a few days, we all need a little something to help us get in the spooky Halloween spirit.
This sweet treat is sure to be a hit for the young and old. It’s time to treat yourself to something delicious!
- 1 cup red soda of choice
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup strawberry syrup
- 1 Can Whipped Cream
- Spooky Halloween candy of choice, such as spiders, eye ball gum or vampire teeth
- Fill a cup 3/4 full of vanilla ice cream.
- Slowly pour red soda over your ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with strawberry syrup.
- Add Halloween candy garnish.
I love fall baking. This cake is made with pumpkin puree and lots of spices. I also added in sour cream to add a bit more flavor and moistness to the coffee cake.
Adding streusel kicks it up a notch and tastes so delicious. This recipe will satisfy your cravings for fall while also making your kitchen smell amazing. Hands down scrumptious!
For the streusel:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces sour cream, at room temperature
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom of an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Make the streusel:
- In a small bowl, combine all the streusel ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
Make the cake:
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- In a small bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, oil, sour cream, applesauce, and eggs. Mix well.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Spread the remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining streusel.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This 7-Up cake recipe is a moist lemon flavored cake that is made with a simple yellow boxed cake mix and topped with a delicious lemon icing. I think this classic, vintage cake recipe is a summer favorite and is sure to please.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 4 oz small box instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup 7-Up soda or lemon lime soda
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the cake ingredients (cake mix, pudding, 7up, eggs and oil).
- Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Allow to cool completely, then remove from bundt pan.
- In a small bowl combine confectioner’s sugar, lemon juice.
- Add milk in slowly until you have reached desired consistency.
- Pour icing over cooled cake and serve.
I am excited to spend Spring preparing delicious salads for my family. I serve salads as a side dish most of the time but have been known to eat this salad as my main meal. It can last up to 4 days in the refrigerator but never lasts that long in my house.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup bacon cooked and crumbled.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped.
For the dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise.
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the broccoli, bacon, almonds, cheddar, and onion to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sweetener, white vinegar, salt and pepper together.
- Add the mayonnaise salad dressing mixture to the broccoli salad and toss to combine. Coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, and then serve.
Hello Spring! And hello delicious Lemon Blueberry Bread! Blueberries are in season and are easy to find these days at your local grocery store or farmers’ market. This healthier option bread is simple to make and is packed with flavor. Perfect for a warm and sunny day.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup lemon juice plus zest of one lemon
- ¾ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon flour for coating blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl add Greek yogurt, honey, coconut oil, eggs and lemon juice and mix well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until mixed through.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with flour to prevent them from sinking into the loaf. Gently fold into the batter along with the lemon zest.
- Transfer to greased loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.