Do you love candy canes? I know I do! It’s a candy cane time of year. Once the pumpkin spice rolls out of here, it’s time for peppermint. If you are looking for a yummy candy cane treat then this holiday recipe is for you. Share with neighbors, family and friends. It also makes a great gift idea, too. Continue reading
Eggnog French Toast makes for the perfect holiday breakfast. Not only does it taste fantastic but, just like other French Toast recipes, it is easy to make. It only requires 5 ingredients! Simple and easy recipes are just what I like making during a busy holiday season!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: About 12 slices
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 12 slices Texas toast (or other white bread like challah or french bread)
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggnog, eggs, nutmeg and rum extract until very well blended.
- Pour mixture into an 11 by 7-inch baking dish and dip bread into mixture, then rotate and coat opposite side.
- Transfer to buttered griddle and cook until bottom is golden brown then flip and cook opposite side until golden.
- Serve warm with syrup, butter and whipped cream.
“We hope you enjoy our Recipe of the Month selections on MS Conversations. Just remember: these entries may not necessarily be a part of an MS-specific diet; these are simply recipes compiled from MSAA staff either from their own family recipe collection or based on recipes we think our audience would enjoy. As always, make sure to consult your doctor about any food or nutrition questions as they relate to your MS.”