Parfaits are a great choice for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack. You can prepare them in advance or make them quickly and easily when needed. Parfaits include yogurt layered with fruit of your choice and granola.
With the new year upon us, I know many of you are trying to start it off right by creating some healthy meal prep options. Why not give this easy yogurt parfait recipe a try! Continue reading
Breakfast quiche is a delicious meal that is ideal for serving at any time of day. Breakfast sausage, lots of cheddar cheese smothered with seasoned eggs and milk combined into a classic combination of flavors that always turns out perfectly. The preparation is easy and well worth the small amount of effort it takes to make. Serve it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 1 9-inch unbaked deep-dish frozen pie crust
- 8 oz mild or spicy breakfast sausage
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place pie shell on cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, cook the sausage until no pink
- Spread 1/2 sausage mixture in pie shell and add 1 cup of cheese. Spread remaining sausage over cheese.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together milk, eggs, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Pour evenly over sausage. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Let set on stove for about 15 minutes when you remove from oven.
This Bisquick Quiche Recipe was a Bisquick recipe on a box at some point, and I still use it and love it every time I make it for my family.
This recipe is simply the easiest and best quiche ever! It can be an easy vegetarian recipe too, just add your favorite veggies (minus the bacon)!!
- 12 slices of bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 Cup Swiss cheese, shredded (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 Cup onion, diced
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Cup Bisquick
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and diced onion evenly over the bottom of the pie plate.
- Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper and then stir in the milk.
- Add in the Bisquick and beat until smooth – it must be smooth to work.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the ingredients in the pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
Eggnog French Toast makes for the perfect holiday breakfast. Not only does it taste fantastic but, just like other French Toast recipes, it is easy to make. It only requires 5 ingredients! Simple and easy recipes are just what I like making during a busy holiday season!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: About 12 slices
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 12 slices Texas toast (or other white bread like challah or french bread)
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggnog, eggs, nutmeg and rum extract until very well blended.
- Pour mixture into an 11 by 7-inch baking dish and dip bread into mixture, then rotate and coat opposite side.
- Transfer to buttered griddle and cook until bottom is golden brown then flip and cook opposite side until golden.
- Serve warm with syrup, butter and whipped cream.
“We hope you enjoy our Recipe of the Month selections on MS Conversations. Just remember: these entries may not necessarily be a part of an MS-specific diet; these are simply recipes compiled from MSAA staff either from their own family recipe collection or based on recipes we think our audience would enjoy. As always, make sure to consult your doctor about any food or nutrition questions as they relate to your MS.”