Breakfast quiche is a delicious meal that is ideal for serving at any time of day. Breakfast sausage, lots of cheddar cheese smothered with seasoned eggs and milk combined into a classic combination of flavors that always turns out perfectly. The preparation is easy and well worth the small amount of effort it takes to make. Serve it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 1 9-inch unbaked deep-dish frozen pie crust
- 8 oz mild or spicy breakfast sausage
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place pie shell on cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, cook the sausage until no pink
- Spread 1/2 sausage mixture in pie shell and add 1 cup of cheese. Spread remaining sausage over cheese.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together milk, eggs, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Pour evenly over sausage. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Let set on stove for about 15 minutes when you remove from oven.