Do you love candy canes? I know I do! It’s a candy cane time of year. Once the pumpkin spice rolls out of here, it’s time for peppermint. If you are looking for a yummy candy cane treat then this holiday recipe is for you. Share with neighbors, family and friends. It also makes a great gift idea, too.
- 3 cups 3½ oz. mini salted pretzels
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Place candy canes in a large Ziploc bag and crush the candy using a mallet into tiny pieces.
- In a medium size bowl melt chocolate chips with vegetable oil in the microwave (on a lower power setting such as 50%) in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Take a pretzel, dip it completely in the white chocolate, shaking off the excess before placing on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat until you are finished using up all the pretzels. Then sprinkle as much crushed candy cane on top.
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes.