Watermelon wedges are fun to grill. Who knew!!!
A refreshing, yummy summer dessert, this recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in your refrigerator. You can also eat it immediately. Seedless watermelons work best. Feel free to cut wedges into any size you like. 1” wedges seem to be just right.
- 1 ripe seedless watermelon
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 mint leaves for simple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Simmer sugar and water over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring often. Add mint leaves, ginger, and salt, and gently stir through.
- Once the syrup reaches a honey or corn syrup consistency, it is done. Promptly remove from the heat, remove mint leaves, cover the pan and set aside.
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees or high heat. Oil your grill grates right before putting on the watermelon.
- While the grill is heating, prepare your watermelon.
- Cut into 1″ thick wedges to form triangle-shaped pieces with rind on top.
- Place watermelon wedges on the grill and cook for 45-60 seconds per side, or until they develop grill marks.
- Remove and place them on a serving dish or in a food storage container. Drizzle with simple syrup, garnish with crumbled Feta on top and refrigerate or serve immediately.
Enjoy this delicious summer treat!