The holiday season is here, and what better way to embrace the holiday season than with holiday traditions. Holiday traditions, whether silly or sacred, can add special value to the holiday season and leave lasting memories that you will forever cherish. A holiday tradition that my family has is driving around our community to see all the colorful and brightly lit houses and we typically have holiday music softly playing in the background. My kids absolutely love it and look forward to it as soon as December arrives.
Are you looking to start your own holiday tradition?
Here is a list of fun holiday traditions if you are looking for inspiration:
- Gift a loved one with a special ornament
- Watch the same holiday movie every year
- Bake a signature sweet treat or make a traditional dish
- Make a gingerbread house with your family
- Read a holiday book before bed each night
- Matching Christmas pajamas for the family on Christmas Eve
- Start a canned food drive in your neighborhood, then donate them to a food bank
- Deliver sweet treats to your local fire station, police department, or hospital
I know I mentioned quite a few things, but don’t worry. When you find the right holiday tradition for you and your family, you will know it. Sometimes they even create themselves, meaning you might notice that you and your family do something every year around this time without consciously establishing it as a holiday tradition. No matter what your holiday tradition might be, always remember it should be fun, enjoyable, and meaningful to you.