As summer is coming to an end, I thought I would share a family recipe for Tri-Color Pasta Salad. You can eat this dish as a meal or a side dish. It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and is always a hit. You can add extra vegetables, cheese, or even pepperoni to make it your own.
This could be the perfect pasta salad for your Labor Day!
- 12 oz box tricolor pasta
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¾ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package.
- Drain pasta and let cool.
- In a large bowl mix pasta, red pepper, red onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and black olives.
- Add 1 cup of Italian dressing to pasta and gently mix all ingredients together.
- Chill pasta before serving.