I am excited to spend Spring preparing delicious salads for my family. I serve salads as a side dish most of the time but have been known to eat this salad as my main meal. It can last up to 4 days in the refrigerator but never lasts that long in my house.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup bacon cooked and crumbled.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped.
For the dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise.
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the broccoli, bacon, almonds, cheddar, and onion to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sweetener, white vinegar, salt and pepper together.
- Add the mayonnaise salad dressing mixture to the broccoli salad and toss to combine. Coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, and then serve.