This time of year reminds me of the wonderful flavors you can find at the local market or farm stand. Trying something different can be exciting, too.
Cinnamon Apple Fries are a fun side dish to add to any Thanksgiving gathering. Sweet and crisp apples lightly fried and covered in cinnamon and sugar — what could taste better?
All varieties of apples make great apple fries, so choose your favorite. My favorite is gala apples.
- 4 apples peeled and sliced in fry shape
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Whipped cream for dipping
- Peel and slice apples into fries.
- In a large bowl toss the apples with lemon juice.
- Heat oil in a large pan on high heat.
- Add cornstarch and salt to a large plastic storage bag.
- Add apple slices to the bag, seal bag, and shake to coat apple slices.
- Fry apple slices until golden brown for about 1 minute.
- Remove the fried apples and drain on paper towel.
- In a large bowl combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Toss hot apples in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!