“Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body; it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.”
– John F. Kennedy
Exercise. Honestly, we know that not everyone likes to do it. The idea of exercising can make some of us cringe at times, but it plays such a crucial part in our health. We hear it constantly from all sources; the media and our doctors. We know exercise can be good for us, yet sometimes we resent it and try to avoid it at all costs.
So how can we warm up to the idea of making exercise a part of our regular routine? Here are some ideas to make exercise a little more bearable…and maybe even fun!
*Please remember to consult with your physician before taking on a new exercise routine*
- Exercise during the part of the day when you feel you have the most energy
- One key word: moderation. Don’t overexert yourself; exercise at your own pace
- Exercise with a friend or relative; this can make the time more enjoyable and fun
- Listening to music while you exercise can be relaxing and entertaining
- Pick an exercise that you enjoy; take a walk around your neighborhood, do water aerobics, take a dance class, practice yoga…
What are some ideas that you have to make exercise enjoyable?