If you are a fan of banana bread, you may love this too! It’s as a new twist on an old recipe. It may come in handy especially at this time of year when many get holiday fruit baskets and you often do not know what to do with the beautiful pears you may receive. This holiday pear bread became a quick new favorite in my house. It is moist and full of flavor.
Yummy with morning coffee and tea!!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated fresh pears
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly use cooking spray in a loaf pan.
- Combine oil, sugar, dash of lemon juice and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat well. Stir in grated pears, pecans and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir dry ingredients into pear mixture.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for about 10 minutes