- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 can-8 oz crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter , at room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar (about 4 1/2 cups sifted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a standard bundt pan.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed together.
- Beat in bananas and pineapple. Fold in pecans.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Carefully pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 70 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack
- Let cool completely.
To make the frosting: Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until combined. On low speed, gradually beat in the sugar, then the vanilla, to make a smooth frosting.