Hello Spring! And hello delicious Lemon Blueberry Bread! Blueberries are in season and are easy to find these days at your local grocery store or farmers’ market. This healthier option bread is simple to make and is packed with flavor. Perfect for a warm and sunny day.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup lemon juice plus zest of one lemon
- ¾ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon flour for coating blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl add Greek yogurt, honey, coconut oil, eggs and lemon juice and mix well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until mixed through.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with flour to prevent them from sinking into the loaf. Gently fold into the batter along with the lemon zest.
- Transfer to greased loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.