If you are like me, every January you sit down and make a list of New Year’s resolutions. Whether it be deciding to find a new job or lose a few pounds, the turning of the calendar seems to inspire a lot of us to turn over a new leaf. But change isn’t always easy. It takes hard work and that work can be even harder if we don’t keep a positive outlook or put mental roadblocks in the way.
On another note, over the past few years, I have become obsessed with the show Shark Tank. My husband and I record and watch it religiously. At least once an episode, we turn to each other and say “Why didn’t we think of that?”. But, we don’t watch the show to feel bad about ourselves. We find the show inspirational because it is a great example to us and our children that hard work and perseverance still pay off.
So, I thought I would provide you with some inspirational quotes from the Sharks themselves that I found on the Internet to keep you going when the going gets tough.
1. “Tough times never last; tough people always do.” – Robert Herjavec
2. “A goal without a timeline is just a dream.” – Robert Herjavec
3. “Dear optimist, pessimist, and realist–while you guys were busy arguing about the glass of wine, I drank it! Sincerely, the opportunist!” – Lori Greiner
4. “Nobody has a monopoly on good ideas.” – Kevin O’Leary
5. “Never give up what you believe.” – Daymond John
6. “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
7. “Finding opportunity is a matter of believing it’s there.” – Barbara Corcoran
8. “I wouldn’t be where I am now if I didn’t fail… a lot. The good, the bad, it’s all part of the success equation” – Mark Cuban
9. “It comes down to finding something you love to do and then just being great at it.” – Mark Cuban
10. “You can always find a solution if you try hard enough.” – Lori Greiner
11. “Don’t you dare undermine the power of your own instinct.” – Barbara Corcoran
12. “All the best things that happened to me happened after I was rejected. I knew the power of getting past no.” – Barbara Corcoran
Wishing you health, happiness and success in 2016!