Receiving news of an MS diagnosis can be intimidating. Overwhelming feelings and questioning where and how to begin your journey is normal. To address this need, MSAA is proud to present Roadmap for the Newly Diagnosed, a series of educational fact sheets to direct new members of the MS community to the most sought information after an MS diagnosis.
Each fact sheet is designed to help support you as you start out on your MS journey, and includes topics such as:
- Understanding your diagnosis
- Accepting your diagnosis
- Making an informed decision on sharing this diagnosis with others
- Building a healthcare team
- Various terms and phrases used frequently in the MS community
- Additional resources for the newly diagnosed
Feeling unsure of which fact sheet to begin with? Alongside the fact sheets is a short, informational questionnaire that can help guide you to the fact sheets you may want to review first!
While an MS diagnosis can be disconcerting and anxiety-provoking, there are resources available to support you. View the Roadmap for the Newly Diagnosed fact sheets now on MSAA’s website.