Sunny days are ahead, especially this time of year! This pineapple upside down cake recipe is perfect to celebrate spring and summer. There’s just something about pineapple that makes you feel like you’re somewhere tropical. If you can’t travel to a tropical island, bring the tropics to you.
This recipe comes out perfect every time and is easy to make.
- 1 can 20 oz. pineapple slices
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Drain pineapple slices, reserve 3/4 cup juice from can.
- Stir melted butter and brown sugar together in 12-inch skillet. Arrange pineapple slices in bottom of skillet in sugar mixture. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions, replacing some of the water with reserved 3/4 cup juice that is needed to prepare the batter. Pour batter evenly over pineapple.
- Bake at 350º F for about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5-10 minutes.
- Flip onto a serving dish to serve.