So, it looks like we’re now in full swing of the fall season everyone! And with the holidays quickly approaching it’s that time of year for some tasty food concoctions. Below is a recipe that is sure to fill a hearty appetite and make them ask for seconds. Enjoy!
2 pounds fresh broccoli florets
2 eggs, beaten
1 onion, chopped (optional)
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (or you can use cream of broccoli/cream of celery soup)
½ cup mayonnaise
10 ounces dry bread stuffing mix
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 dish.
- Cook broccoli in a large pot of salted boiling water until just slightly tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, onion, mushroom soup and mayonnaise.
- Place a layer of broccoli in the prepared baking dish. Pour mayonnaise sauce over broccoli. Spread stuffing mix over the sauce. Drizzle butter or margarine over all and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 12 people.
*We hope you enjoy our Recipe of the Month selections on MS Conversations. Just remember: these entries may not necessarily be a part of an MS-specific diet; these are simply recipes compiled from MSAA staff and friends either from their own family recipe collection or based on recipes we think you might enjoy. As always, make sure to consult your doctor about any food or nutrition questions as they relate to your MS.