Summer is officially upon us, and as we all celebrate the warm weather with barbecues and pool days, here are six sun safety tips to keep in mind while you are outside with friends and family this summer:
- Remember that the sun’s rays are strongest between 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. It’s a great idea to limit your sun exposure during these times.
- Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before going outside and reapply regularly to keep your skin protected. Using a waterproof sunscreen protects in and out of the water!
- Cloudy days still require sunscreen. 80% of the sun’s rays can pass through clouds.
- Stay hydrated! Don’t wait for your thirst to set in. Remember to drink water throughout the day.
- Protect your head and eyes with hats and sunglasses. Make sure your sunglasses have UVA and UVB protection.
- Some places are easily forgotten when applying sunscreen. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to the tops of your feet, the backs of your ears, and use an SPF lip balm.
We hope everyone enjoys a safe and happy Independence Day!
Please note that MSAA will be closed on Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th in recognition of Independence Day. We will reopen on Wednesday, July 5th.