When living with MS, it is super important to learn simple yet helpful ways to combat stress. Effectively managing stress levels can have long-lasting benefits on your body. Practicing relaxation is more than just a desire to be happy or be at peace. Relaxation is meant to bring relief not only to your mind but also to your body. Practicing relaxation techniques is a great way to help you cope with both daily stressors and also MS-related stress. Here are a few ways to combat stress:
Helpful Ways to Combat Stress
- Stay in the moment by focusing on the here and now
- Take deep controlled breaths from your belly
- Listen to your favorite music
- Keep a gratitude journal and commit to at least one daily entry
- Visualize yourself surrounded by relaxing scenery
These relaxation techniques are simple and can be done virtually anywhere. Incorporating these relaxation techniques will give you a head-start on combating stress in your life and improving your health. Remember friends, the more you practice these techniques the more, the more you will effectively combat stress, and the more you will improve at it. Be patient with your mind and be patient with your body.
You are absolutely worth it.