Cinco De Mayo is on Thursday, May 5th, 2022. It is a celebration that commemorates the anniversary of Mexico’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. Wouldn’t it be fun to enjoy and share this avocado-based recipe with loved ones to celebrate this special day? This creative recipe is a clever way to put a spin on the classic taco. Adding the use of avocados for the shell is a healthier option too.
- 3 avocados
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups salsa of your choice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook your ground beef and add taco seasoning until cooked through.
- Slice your avocados in half and remove the seed.
- Place a scoopful of your cooked seasoned meat in each avocado.
- Top salsa over the ground beef on top of each avocado.
- Top with cheese and place in the oven to allow cheese to melt. About 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add a dollop of sour cream to the top if you wish.