With Memorial Day coming up next week, it’s time to think about stars and stripes!!! Memorial Day cookie cake is a quick and easy dessert to take to your Memorial Day picnic or family BBQ. This treat is soft, chewy and smells amazing. It will be loved by all.
- 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup of Red, White, and Blue M&M’S
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray so it doesn’t stick.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy and smooth.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat until all mixed together.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
- Add M&M’s and mini chocolate chips and mix by hand so candies don’t break in mix.
- Spread cookie dough to 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely and cut.
Happy Memorial Day and as always Happy Baking!!!!