Did you know that number one item purchased on Amazon outside of gloves and masks during this COVID crisis is a bread maker? I have always wanted to make bread but have been too scared to try. I don’t have a bread maker but thought this no-knead bread recipe could work for everyone with only a few simple required ingredients and a pot with a lid. I was so excited when it worked out as planned.
While I am working from home due to COVID-19, I built up the courage to give this recipe a try. Why don’t you give it a try, too!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 packet rapid rise yeast
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Dutch oven or any large oven-safe dish/bowl and lid
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast.
- Add the water and stir using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms into dough ball.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 1.5 hours. Dough should rise.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place your Dutch oven, uncovered, into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While your Dutch oven preheats, turn dough onto a well-floured surface and, with floured hands, form the dough into a ball. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 more minutes.
- After the 30 minutes are up, carefully remove Dutch oven. With floured hands, place the bread dough into it.
- Bake for 30 minutes with lid. Remove lid and bake for an additional 10 minutes more, uncovered.
- Remove the bread and place on a cutting board. Slice and serve!