Having to practice social distancing is super crucial right now as the world fights to overcome the devastating effects of COVID-19. With that being said, social distancing means missing out on opportunities to connect with others face to face which can really put on downer on the day sometimes. After all, we are human beings and therefore we thrive on social interaction. So, how can we still connect with others while practicing social distancing?
Here are a few ways:
- Call a friend or a loved one just to say hi and let them know you are thinking of them.
- If you can, try a video call via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, etc. to see your loved one’s face or you can start a group chat with the whole family if you don’t have video capabilities.
- Join a virtual support group to connect with others.
- Joining an online local community via Facebook is another great way to connect with others in your area.
- Start a virtual book club with your friends, neighbors, family, etc. to keep the camaraderie alive.
- Offering to become a virtual volunteer for local essential businesses in your area is another great way to stay socially connected with your community.
Friends, be encouraged.
We might not be able to socially gather, but we can still utilize different ways to socially connect with others. We can’t let COVID-19 get in the way of us staying in touch and connected. Let’s stay socially connected as we practice social distancing and remember friends, “this too shall pass.”
Sending peace and protection to you and your loved ones.