YAY- It’s Fall Y’all. This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is delicious! Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee and savor the pumpkin spice flavor. This is sure to be a hit at Fall gatherings with friends and family. To be honest, I love to have a slice in the quiet morning when I am the only one awake sitting on my porch with my pumpkin spice coffee.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray, and set aside. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, egg, light brown sugar, oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the pumpkin spice, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt just until combined.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese filling by whisking all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour the cream cheese filling on top of the batter spreading it out gently with a spatula.
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool and Enjoy!