These homemade pumpkin donuts are soft, moist and fluffy with a delicious cinnamon-sugar coating. They have that wonderful pumpkin flavor we all know and love.
This recipe would be great to make on the weekend or to share with friends and family at a fall gathering. These donuts also freeze very well!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease two standard size donut pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the donut mix ingredients except the flour until smooth.
- Add in the flour and stir just until smooth again.
- Fill the donut pan wells with the donut mix 3/4 full. DO NOT OVER FILL PAN
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and let cool.
- Toss the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. While the donuts are still warm, gently toss them in the sugar mixture to coat.