Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I am starting to plan and prepare my menu for my family. These Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots are a simple side dish that does not require you to take up much needed space in your oven for the turkey. You just use a crock pot. So give them a try for Thanksgiving and I have no doubt that your family will love them, too.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1 large bag of carrots 1-2 pounds
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Dump your carrots into your slow cooker and put 4 melted tablespoons of butter on top and mix.
- Mix in brown sugar and spices.
- Pour over your carrots in the crock pot and stir, your brown sugar should melt almost immediately.
- Turn your slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours. Check every hour (crock pot temps vary) so you don’t burn them and give a stir.
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!