Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I am starting to plan and prepare my menu for my family. These Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots are a simple side dish that does not require you to take up much needed space in your oven for the turkey. You just use a crock pot. So give them a try for Thanksgiving and I have no doubt that your family will love them, too.
Ingredients Continue reading
This recipe is one of the easiest soup recipes you’ll ever make in a crock pot. It is a crowd-pleaser and is wonderful left over too. On a cold winters day this will surely warm you right up.
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can of corn, drained
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (if you prefer to go meatless you do not have to add ground beef)
- Add all beans, tomatoes, corn, chicken broth and taco seasoning to a large crock pot. Stir to combine. Cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Add to the soup in crock pot and stir. This will help thicken the soup.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet until thoroughly cooked. Drain grease. Add beef to crock pot and stir together.
- Serve soup warm with shredded cheese, tortilla strips and sour cream.
“We hope you enjoy our Recipe of the Month selections on MS Conversations. Just remember: these entries may not necessarily be a part of an MS-specific diet; these are simply recipes compiled from MSAA staff either from their own family recipe collection or based on recipes we think our audience would enjoy. As always, make sure to consult your doctor about any food or nutrition questions as they relate to your MS.”