I remember how fun it was to sit with my grandmother and watch her make meatballs for Sunday dinner. She would really love to be in the kitchen preparing food to serve to our large Italian family. I can remember how the kitchen would smell while the meatballs were cooking in the oven till this day! My grandmother would remind me that it was easy to make homemade meatballs while singing “Not your Ma Ma’s meatballs” to me and I would laugh and laugh.
I thought I would share this recipe with all of you to remind you how memorable and fun cooking can be, especially with family.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- Dash of oregano
- Dash of parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and gently mix together with your hands, careful not to over-mix. Just till blended.
- Once mixed, use your hands to divide meat mixture into desired size meatballs.
- Place uncooked meatballs on baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, depending on the size. Be sure to check center to determine if they are cooked.
Makes 18-24 meatballs.