Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow is the perfect treat for the holiday. An amazing combination of salty and sweet! With a few simple ingredients you can munch on this fun sweet treat right away.
This recipe is so easy and you only need a few ingredients.
- Chex Mix Cereal (any variety)
- White chocolate chips – 1 package
- Powdered Sugar – about 1 cup
- Mini Pretzels Twists
- M&Ms – Valentine colors
- (2) Gallon-sized Plastic Bags
- Parchment paper
- Grab a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper. Set it aside. Next, you’ll divide your Chex Mix between two plastic bags and set aside.
- Now, melt your white chocolate in the microwave for about 20 seconds, mix and heat again until melted.
- Pour the candy in the plastic bags and toss/shake around to coat all the cereal.
- Add your powdered sugar and toss that to cover the candy coated cereal pieces.
- Now, add in your pretzels and mix.
- Finally, place it on your cookie sheet and sprinkle your red, pink & white M&Ms.
Happy Valentines’ Day!
Happy Halloween! While handing out candy to the kids in your neighborhood, enjoy this treat for yourself! This easy-to-make recipe is courtesy of MSAA’s President & CEO, Gina Murdoch.
Makes approximately 24 bars
Preheat oven to 350°
2 cups flour
1 cup softened butter (not melted)
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tbs. vanilla
1 cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup Frangelica (optional)
¾ cup butter
2 tbs. vanilla
1 ¼ cup butterscotch chips
½ Skor toffee chips
1 ¼ cup chopped and roasted hazelnuts
- Spray 13” x 9” pan with Pam. Make sure pan has high sides
- Chop hazelnuts and put in oven while preheating
- Mix all ingredients until dough is formed
- Use Saran Wrap to press dough into pan evenly and smooth is out
- Take out hazelnuts
- Cook dough for 23 minutes (dough will still be light in color)
- Combine all toppings ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil
- Set oven to 400
- Pour toffee sauce over dough
- Put toppings on in this order. Sprinkle over evenly
- Butterscotch chips
- Toffee chips
- Press toppings lightly into crust with spatula
- Put pan back in over for 5 minutes at 400 degrees
- Remove and let fully cool
- Refrigerate when cool
- Cut into bars
“We hope you enjoy our Recipe of the Month selections on MS Conversations. Just remember: these entries may not necessarily be a part of an MS-specific diet; these are simply recipes compiled from MSAA staff either from their own family recipe collection or based on recipes we think our audience would enjoy. As always, make sure to consult your doctor about any food or nutrition questions as they relate to your MS.”