Memorial Day is considered by many as the official start of the summer season. Some of you may be celebrating by going to a cookout with friends and family. Some of you may be heading to the beach to enjoy the sun. And some may just spend the day relaxing. No matter how you enjoy your holiday, it’s important to reflect on and remember what the day represents. Memorial Day is a time to remember those who have served in the US military; those who fought for our country and dedicated their lives to keeping us safe.
On this day of remembrance, MSAA honors all of the men and women who served this country so courageously.
Please note that MSAA’s offices will closed on Monday, May 30th, in observance of Memorial Day.
Have a safe and enjoyable weekend!
This Memorial Day, MSAA invites you to join our team and help us make the BIGGEST splash yet! Whether you’re a swim enthusiast or just enjoy the water, there are numerous ways you can participate and be a part of MSAA’s Splash for MS Memorial Day Team.
Here’s how YOU can participate:
- Register on MSAA’s Splash for MS Memorial Day Team today and get your Swim for MS swag to show off while you’re having fun in the sun.
- Make a donation to the event! Click here to make a donation toward our goal.
- Already registered to Swim for MS? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to MSAA’s Splash for MS Memorial Day Team.
- Tweet, Instagram, or Post a picture of you and your friends and family making a splash on Memorial Day! We will be posting pictures of team members showing their support for the MS community all across the country so don’t forget to check out MSAA on all your favorite social media platforms! #SwimForMS #MemorialDaySplash
- Don’t have a pool? No problem! Get in on the fun at your nearest beach, river, or even your backyard Slip ‘N Slide! Take a dive, swim laps, dip your toes in the water, or just float your way through Memorial Day.
- Any Pool, Any Time, Any Way you Swim for MS helps Improve Lives Today!
- The first 10 people to register by May 15th will receive a very cool Swim for MS carry-all cooler chair!
The great thing about this event is that you can choose how you’d like to participate – swim laps, makes some waves in the ocean, or run through the sprinklers with the kids! Click here to register today!
Don’t forget that Swim for MS is a year-round fundraiser. Even if you can’t participate this month, any time is the right time to dive into action to show your support for the MS community. Any pool, any time – the choice is yours!
The Memorial Day holiday is known by many as the official start of the summer season. Some individuals decide to celebrate the day with a BBQ while others take a trip to the beach to kick off the start of summer. Amidst the fun and celebrations on this day, it is important to reflect and remember what the day represents. It is a time to honor and remember those who have served in the US military; those who fought for our country and dedicated their lives to keeping us safe. We are able to celebrate and enjoy time spent with others due to their courage and valor. So this Memorial Day, during the fireworks and cookouts, think of what you’re celebrating, as it is a day that surely deserves remembrance.