As a tribute to one of my favorite Halloween movies of all time, Hocus Pocus, and with the new release of Hocus Pocus 2, I thought it would be fun to create a simple Halloween treat for all ages to enjoy!
For those of you who haven’t seen the movie and have no idea what I’m talking about, these brownies are still delicious, nevertheless.
My inspiration was Winifred’s Spell Book. See how cute they turned out!
- 1 box of fudge brownie mix – 13 x 9 size
- 2 eggs
- 1 tube black cookie decorating icing
- 1 container candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil. Follow box mix directions.
- Mix until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepped baking pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until middle is done.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Cut into bars.
- Pipe a dollop of the icing onto the back of an eye.
- Place eye onto the middle of the brownie along the side to resemble a book lock.
- Pipe a black circle around the eye.
- Pipe a zig zag down one side of brownie.
- Pipe a line straight down next to the zig zag pattern.
- Pipe stitches across the line.
- Pipe half circle on the corners of the bar.
Happy Halloween and enjoy!