In 2014, MSAA partnered with app developers @Point of Care to update the My MS Manager mobile app – making it a much better tool to not only help you manage day-to-day life with MS but to also help facilitate shared decision making between you and your doctor.
More than 7,000 people affected by multiple sclerosis currently use the app to record and track their specific MS disease-related information, such as daily activities, fatigue scale records, medications, and other relevant information. The app organizes this data into useful charts and reports that can easily be shared with your doctor and healthcare team.
Earlier this year, @Point of Care and MSAA surveyed users of the app to see how they were using it and if it was effective in helping manage their MS. This data was presented earlier this month at the 2016 Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Center (CMSC).
Results from the survey of more than 1,300 active monthly users showed:
- 77% utilize the app daily or weekly
- 80% state the app helps them track how well they are doing
- 78% reported that regular use of the app improved their ability to discus and manage their MS
- 70% have a sense of improved well-being as a result of using the app
- 75% reported better management of their fatigue by using the app
- 73% discuss and share their app records with their doctor to improve MS management
- 86% reported they are motivated to discuss management of their MS with their doctors as a result of using the app
For more information and to download the My MS Manager app for free, please visit mymsaa.org/mobile.