Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I am starting to plan and prepare my menu for my family. These Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots are a simple side dish that does not require you to take up much needed space in your oven for the turkey. You just use a crock pot. So give them a try for Thanksgiving and I have no doubt that your family will love them, too.
Ingredients Continue reading
Whip up a batch of Spooky Oreo Dirt cups. This Halloween dessert recipe makes a tasty chocolatey treat that the kids can even help you make! I love that it’s easy to swap out sugar-free pudding and light Cool Whip to reduce the calories too! Continue reading
Its pumpkin everything season and I, for one, am happy about that.
These homemade pumpkin donuts are soft, moist and fluffy with a delicious cinnamon-sugar coating. They have that wonderful pumpkin flavor we all know and love.
This recipe would be great to make on the weekend or to share with friends and family at a fall gathering. These donuts also freeze very well! Continue reading
I remember how fun it was to sit with my grandmother and watch her make meatballs for Sunday dinner. She would really love to be in the kitchen preparing food to serve to our large Italian family. I can remember how the kitchen would smell while the meatballs were cooking in the oven till this day! My grandmother would remind me that it was easy to make homemade meatballs while singing “Not your Ma Ma’s meatballs” to me and I would laugh and laugh.
I thought I would share this recipe with all of you to remind you how memorable and fun cooking can be, especially with family.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- Dash of oregano
- Dash of parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and gently mix together with your hands, careful not to over-mix. Just till blended.
- Once mixed, use your hands to divide meat mixture into desired size meatballs.
- Place uncooked meatballs on baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, depending on the size. Be sure to check center to determine if they are cooked.
Makes 18-24 meatballs.
Do you love grilling season? I love grilled corn, especially with bacon. When you wrap corn with bacon it adds additional flavor and tenderness to the corn. Brush the corn with butter at the end if you would like. It is easy and yummy! Continue reading
July 4th is almost here! This recipe only takes a few minutes to make and is fantastic to serve to a crowd. This is the perfect summer pasta salad to serve warm or cold too!! Continue reading
With Memorial Day coming up next week, it’s time to think about stars and stripes!!! Memorial Day cookie cake is a quick and easy dessert to take to your Memorial Day picnic or family BBQ. This treat is soft, chewy and smells amazing. It will be loved by all. Continue reading
Hummingbird Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese frosting is so yummy! This moist cake is made with bananas, pineapple, pecans and delicious spices. Every bite of this Bundt cake is satisfying and sweet!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 can-8 oz crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter , at room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar (about 4 1/2 cups sifted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a standard bundt pan.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed together.
- Beat in bananas and pineapple. Fold in pecans.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Carefully pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 70 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack
- Let cool completely.
To make the frosting: Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until combined. On low speed, gradually beat in the sugar, then the vanilla, to make a smooth frosting.
Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow is the perfect treat for the holiday. An amazing combination of salty and sweet! With a few simple ingredients you can munch on this fun sweet treat right away.
This recipe is so easy and you only need a few ingredients.
- Chex Mix Cereal (any variety)
- White chocolate chips – 1 package
- Powdered Sugar – about 1 cup
- Mini Pretzels Twists
- M&Ms – Valentine colors
- (2) Gallon-sized Plastic Bags
- Parchment paper
- Grab a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper. Set it aside. Next, you’ll divide your Chex Mix between two plastic bags and set aside.
- Now, melt your white chocolate in the microwave for about 20 seconds, mix and heat again until melted.
- Pour the candy in the plastic bags and toss/shake around to coat all the cereal.
- Add your powdered sugar and toss that to cover the candy coated cereal pieces.
- Now, add in your pretzels and mix.
- Finally, place it on your cookie sheet and sprinkle your red, pink & white M&Ms.
Happy Valentines’ Day!
This Bisquick Quiche Recipe was a Bisquick recipe on a box at some point, and I still use it and love it every time I make it for my family.
This recipe is simply the easiest and best quiche ever! It can be an easy vegetarian recipe too, just add your favorite veggies (minus the bacon)!!
- 12 slices of bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 Cup Swiss cheese, shredded (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 Cup onion, diced
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Cup Bisquick
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and diced onion evenly over the bottom of the pie plate.
- Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper and then stir in the milk.
- Add in the Bisquick and beat until smooth – it must be smooth to work.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the ingredients in the pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.