It is hard to believe it is September and the start of football season. This fun recipe is perfect to share with family and friends while watching the game. There are only 4 ingredients required in this recipe and can be enjoyed as a snack or a simple lunch:Continue reading
This fun dessert is perfect for the Fall. They’re so easy to make and are loved in my household. I like being outside during the cooler Autumn weather and love to share these yummy little treats with friends and family in my neighborhood. You could really get creative and add your favorite toppings as well, such as drizzled chocolate, sprinkles or even put on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 Green Apples
- Lemon juice to keep apples from turning brown
- 1 pkg Mini Pretzel Twists
- 1 pkg Rolo candy
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, lay out pretzels in a single layer and place a Rolo candy on each pretzel.
- Place in the oven for about 3 minutes, or until the candy is soft but not melted.
- Chop the apple in small chunks. Squeeze a little lemon juice on them if you would like to help keep them from turning brown.
- Place one apple on the end of a toothpick and push into one of the Rolo Pretzels. Repeat until all the Rolo pretzels have apples.
Watermelon wedges are fun to grill. Who knew!!!
A refreshing, yummy summer dessert, this recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in your refrigerator. You can also eat it immediately. Seedless watermelons work best. Feel free to cut wedges into any size you like. 1” wedges seem to be just right.
Welcome to Summer! Nothing says Summer like lemonade or a frozen treat; especially if it is easy to make and is all in one. This recipe combines frozen lemonade concentrate with pudding, Cool Whip and a graham cracker crust. What a tasty way to beat the heat!
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box instant lemon pudding
- 8 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 ¾ cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 2 pre-made graham cracker crust
In a mixing bowl whisk together pudding mixes and milk until it thickens. Once thick, add in vanilla extract and mix again until combined.
Stir in 8 ounces of thawed lemonade concentrate and mix well.
Fold in Cool Whip gently until completely mixed together. Pour mixture into 2 prepared pie crusts and refrigerate for about 8 hours.
These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with ranch flavoring are amazing and easy to make. This is a quick and delicious recipe that takes Roasted Brussels Sprouts to the next level. These savory and crispy Brussels Sprouts are always a crowd favorite in my house.
Cinco De Mayo is on Thursday, May 5th, 2022. It is a celebration that commemorates the anniversary of Mexico’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. Wouldn’t it be fun to enjoy and share this avocado-based recipe with loved ones to celebrate this special day? This creative recipe is a clever way to put a spin on the classic taco. Adding the use of avocados for the shell is a healthier option too.
As we are looking ahead to the Spring, I wanted to share a neat idea. This is fun and delicious to eat!!
The great thing about fruit is that it comes in so many beautiful colors, you have choices for each color of the rainbow with fruit.
Here are some fruit suggestions for you below:
First, you’ll need to wash your fruit. Some fruit will require additional preparation such as slicing or peeling.
After all the fruit has been prepped, now it’s time to assemble your fruit cups. If you use clear cups the colorful fruit will be more visually appealing.
Layer the fruit in their cups, one row of color at a time. You can add yogurt or whipped topping as the final step on top.
Happy New Year! So many of us are trying to kick of the New Year focusing on health and wellness. What better way to incorporate a healthy option. These ABC Muffins (Apple, Banana and Carrot) are moist and delicious and are full of fruits and vegetables. Perfect as a little snack or pair it with a hot beverage of your choice.
- ½ cup butter slightly melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the apple, banana and carrot.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold in half the dry flour mixture, followed by the milk and add remaining dry flour mixture.
- Divide mixture into a muffin pan. Fill each space 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
If you are a fan of banana bread, you may love this too! It’s as a new twist on an old recipe. It may come in handy especially at this time of year when many get holiday fruit baskets and you often do not know what to do with the beautiful pears you may receive. This holiday pear bread became a quick new favorite in my house. It is moist and full of flavor.
Yummy with morning coffee and tea!!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated fresh pears
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly use cooking spray in a loaf pan.
- Combine oil, sugar, dash of lemon juice and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat well. Stir in grated pears, pecans and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir dry ingredients into pear mixture.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for about 10 minutes
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I wanted to share a side dish that I love.
The lemon and garlic combination are such delicious flavors. This dish is vegan and only take a few ingredients to make.
- 1 medium bunch of broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Divide broccoli into individual florets, keeping stems on if you would like. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Once drained place in a medium bowl.
- Combine broccoli florets, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until fork tender.
Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving.